We had to get out tonight to attend a program at my youngest son’s school. After the program was over, we thought about going out to eat so that I wouldn’t have to cook dinner but I quickly changed my mind when I saw the time. I knew that there were way too many quick and easy meals out there that I was familiar with and with the kids having homework, we needed to get home.
So…you can never go wrong with chicken right? Take a look at this dish that I prepared in just 25 minutes! The kids were able to complete their homework and make it to bed on time and my husband and I got to spend some one on one time together!
By taking the time to prepare this meal, we were able to save money and eat healthier than we would have if we would have gone out. If you’re looking for a quick meal idea for weeknight dinners, check this one out!
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 large garlic cloves, minced
6 oz fat-free sun-dried tomatoes
2 chicken breasts, thinly sliced in half horizontally
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup milk
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Salt and Pepper, to taste (or your favorite seasoning)
1 teaspoon dry basil
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Turn On Medium Heat. In a large pan, saute garlic and sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil for 1-2 minute(s) until garlic is fragrant.
- Remove sun-dried tomatoes and garlic mixture from the pan and add chicken breasts, salted and lightly covered in paprika (paprika is for adding a little color) and cook for 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken from the skillet. Remove the juices from the skillet.
- To the same skillet, add 1 cup of heavy cream and bring to a boil.
- Add 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and reduce heat to simmer. Continue to stir until cheese is melted.
- Gradually add 1 cup of milk and begin to whisk until sauce becomes smooth. Add back sun-dried tomatoes and garlic mixture, basil and crushed red pepper and stir sauce. Add cooked chicken breasts. Allow sauce and chicken to cook on simmer for about 7-8 minutes. Serve over your favorite pasta!